LA Girl Glazed Lip Paints
One of the perks of going with a lip gloss versus a lip liner/lipstick combo is supposed to be that they’re an easy, on-the-go pop of color that you can freshen up in any bathroom mirror, festival tent or behind your computer at work without having to pay too much attention (guilty as charged!). LA Girl Cosmetics is sadly not one of those lip glosses - however its saving grace is that the color payoff and spectrum of pigmented, luscious colors is completely worth the hassle of pulling out your lip-brush. These Glazed Lip Paints are a hybrid of a lipstick and lip gloss, with the vibrant pigmentation of a lipstick and the lustrous finish of gloss, it has the best of both worlds. Its packaging, while completely “#makeupporn” worthy and the whole line of colors on your vanity would make any makeup-lover swoon, has one downfall; a wide applicator that makes precision impossible. But, as I said, FEAR NOT! A lip brush can save you the hassle.
While the highly pigmented lip paint lasts as long as most glosses realistically do, these gems leave a softer version of the original color in a stain on your lips that lasts the night; similar to OCC Lip Tars. The colors “Peony”, “Blushing”, “Tango” and “Pin Up” never leave my purse!
Have you tried LA Girl’s Lip Paints? Was your Lip Game STRONG or a hot mess?!
Let me know what you would have scored the Lip Paint rainbow!
What We Love
- Wide range of colors
- Cruelty free products!
- Colors are incredibly vivid
- Leaves a soft color variation in a long lasting stain
- Packaging is adorable
- Smells minty fresh due to the peppermint oil
- Perfect for pictures & photoshoots with your girls
- A little product goes a long way- so you’ll have this tube for a while (not bad for a $4 investment)
Not So Much
- Messy application without a lip brush due to applicator
- Bit on the greasy side
- Not what you’d want to wear on a date (unless your man is cool with also wearing “Hot Mess”)