Who doesn’t love Chinese Food? With Chinese New Year just around the corner here are some delicious meal ideas to serve to your family any time of the year.
The Perfect Appetizer: Won Tons
- 1/2 lb of ground chicken or ground pork
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (chinese barbeque type sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 -2 small red chiles, finely chopped
- 1/3 chicken stock
- 1 (26 count) package square wonton wrappers
- In a bowl mix together pork or chicken, cabbage, spring onions and chillies.
- Add garlic, ginger, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce and sesame oil; stir until well combined.
- Separate wonton wrappers individually
- Place 1- 2 teaspoons of mixture in center of each wrapper; brush edges with water.
- Bring corners of wrappers together and pinch tightly to seal.
- Heat a 12-inch saute pan over medium heat. Brush with vegetable oil when heated.
- Add 5 to 6 potstickers at a time to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, without touching. Once the 2 minutes are up, gently add 1/3 cup chicken stock to the pan, turn the heat down to low, cover, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove wontons to a heatproof platter and place in the warm oven.
- Clean the pan in between batches by pouring in water and allowing the pan to deglaze. Repeat until all the wontons are cooked.
- Serve immediately.
Chinese Chicken Noodles in under 20 Minutes!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 cup onion (sliced)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots
- 2 cups snow peas
- 4 cups chinese noodles (dry)
- 14 cup teriyaki sauce
- In a large skillet brown chicken in oil, stirring constantly until juices run clear.
- Add the onion, broccoli, carrots and peas. Cover skillet and steam for 2 minutes.
- Add the Chinese noodles and teriyaki sauce. Stir noodles into chicken/vegetable mixture, making sure they are coated with sauce. When the noodles wilt, serve.
Simple Shredded Chicken Fried Rice
- 1- 1 1/2 cups chopped chicken breast (rotisserie chicken works great too!)
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 tbsps cooking oil (divided)
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 stalks green onion (minced)
- 4 cups rice
- 6- 8 0z of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, brocolli)
- 1 tbsp low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cook rice according to package directions. (Rice cooker is simple and easy too! 1:1 ratio) While rice is cooking, heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in sesame oil and stir in onion. Fry until golden, then add garlic. When garlic is lightly browned, mix in shredded chicken. (A shredded store bought rotisserie works great!)
- Lower heat to medium and stir in mixed vegetables. Fry until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in beaten egg and cook just until egg is scrambled and firm.
- When rice is done, mix thoroughly with vegetables and stir in soy sauce. Adjust seasoning to your preference and serve immediately!