For a beauty junkie having to cut corners in my makeup routine is brutal. But with 5 little ones, every day is a rush – 15 minutes or less to shower, get dressed, and attempt to do my hair! Fortunately you can still pull off a flawless face, even when the clock is ticking. With such a small window of time, I’ve honed in on three main components necessary for a flawless 15-minute face: splash of color on the lips, voluminous lashes, and glowy skin.
First, let’s start with a gorgeous, clear canvas! Great skin makes everything fall into place.
* Apply Benefit’s 15HR Primer to the T-zone, cheeks and forehead, then go over with the PoreFessional. This amazing combo will help your makeup last and minimize any pores.
* L’oreal True Match foundation is perfect for a quick, easy application and gives a really nice finish with minimal fuss. Use a beauty blender for a smooth, airbrushed look.
* Apply MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer to lids and under the eye in a upside down triangle and just slightly blend down.
* Immediately set the under eyes with powder and follow with pressed powder on the rest of the face.
* Fill in the brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz then slightly refine the tip and shape your arch with clear brow gel. Anastasia brow products are amazing, easy to use plus give a natural yet polished finish.
Bronzing, Contouring, Blush and Highlight
* With a large tapered brush, buff bronzer onto the cheekbones, temple, jawline and down the neck. Sleek MakeUp’s contour kit has a pretty bronzer and highlight all in the same compact. Perfect for when you’re in a rush!
* Holding the brush sideways, add Fawn from Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit to the cheekbones and jawline. Fawn is a natural looking color that doesn’t have orange tones.
* Add blush to the cheeks, follow with a highlighter to the top of the cheekbones and the top ends of the eyebrows, then blend with a large duo fibre brush so there are no harsh lines.
Now for eyes!! A subtle, sexy eye is the quickest way to look like you’ve spent ages on your makeup and leaves room to play with fun spring lip colors.
* Apply a highlighter to the eyelids, inner corner and lightly under the brow bone.
* Using a buffing brush, gently buff bronzer from the crease to the last half of the lash line.
* Lightly line your waterline and lash line with a black pencil eyeliner.
* Soften the line with a small detail or pencil brush to add more depth.
* With the same brush, blend a little bronzer into the waterline, smoking out the lower lash line. The setting powder will hold the linen in place and prevent the dreaded panda eyes.
* Layer on several coats of mascara, being careful not to let it clump and get spider lashes.
Now for lips! There are ton of fun new colors and looks to try this spring. Here are three options…
* Line the lips with your favorite spring-worthy color. I’m focusing on three of the biggest trends this season: blush/pink, a fiery coral and an almost grunge-like nude.
* Use the bulleted tip of your lippie to fill in the lips for an even, all over shade.
* Products used: Nyx Cosmetic ‘Tangerine’ Lip Pencil with Mac Flamingo Lipstick, Colour Pop Cosmetics new shade Westie with Mac Angel lightly over the top, and finally, for that very on trend shade “Greige” look color everyone is after, Colour Pop Cosmetics’ ‘Tootsie” lip pencil and matching Lippie Stix.
By: Sorren Thomas
Photos: Sorren Thomas