There’s just something special about the “Cake Pop”…
Perhaps it’s their adorable shape, the creativity in each morsel or just the ability to be versatile for any holiday. The cake pop is not just a fad, it is a great way to serve guests in large quantities and is neat and efficient, although cupcakes are also a high contender for weddings and large parties. When given as a gift, the cake pop is dainty, simple and easily decorated. For kids, it is an eye opening treat with mouth watering flavor. In all, the cake pop really is special and a must for the upcoming holidays.
Making cake pops for some reason might sound, er…difficult to many. Working moms and those with long to-do lists might think that they do not have the time to make this sweet valentine’s day gift.
Ahhhh. But, yes you do!
Make Cake Pops for any occasion:
Make these sweet cake pops anyway you choose with gluten free, vegan, kosher or all natural ingredients. You choose we guide you.
- Cake mix of choice
- Frosting (amount depends on moistness of cake)
- 2 boxes chocolate chips (large circular shape, white, dark or milk chocolate)
- Food coloring if desired
- Cake pop sticks
- Sprinkles, Ribbon, Decorations
- Styrofoam holder
1. Bake a cake. (Use any store bought cake mix!)
2. Add sheet cake to a large bowl.
3. Crumble cake so it is broken into chunks/crumbs
4. Add 2 cups of frosting. (During this step, add gently, since cake is already moist!)
5. Wash hands and use them to mix together the frosting and cake. This step is pretty messy!
6. Form your cake pop batter into small balls, place on clean plate.
7. Repeat until all cake is used.
8. Open cake stick packaging and place aside.
9. In a small bowl, melt 2-4 ounces of preferred chocolate in microwave.
10. Grab individual cake sticks and begin dipping them in melted chocolate. Then immediately insert in bottom of cake balls on place.
11. Complete this task for all cake balls.
12. Then place in freezer for 20 minutes.
13. After 20 minutes, remove cake balls from freezer.
14. Melt remaining chocolate and prepare your supplies: sprinkles, candies, etc.
15. Begin individually submerging each cake pop into the chocolate until it is full covered.
16. Allow any access chocolate to dip off
17. Place in styrofoam holder until chocolate dries.
18. Individually wrap or serve!