The most common weight loss concern is “how to get rid of my belly fat!”
Reducing Belly Fat
Most all of us love our carbs and sweets. But trying to burn calories, tone up and get fit, often means giving these favorite goodies a rest. However, reducing your belly fat doesn’t just mean never being able to drink your favorite soda pop or late night treat. More so, making lifestyle changes can prove to be an important factor in how you feel and how you treat your body.
Here is our list to toning and losing stomach flab, fast!
- Rev up your Metabolism: Like a motor, your body needs fuel. Therefore, starting your morning off with a healthy breakfast can cause you to eat less throughout the day. According to WebMD, “Eating early in the day keeps us from “starvation eating” later on. But it also jump-starts your metabolism, says Elisabetta Politi, RD, MPH, nutrition manager for the Duke Diet & Fitness Center at Duke University Medical School. “When you don’t eat breakfast, you’re actually fasting for 15 to 20 hours, so you’re not producing the enzymes needed to metabolize fat to lose weight.”
- De-Stress: Closing the kitchen after a stressful workday might not be as easy as most think. In order to reduce weight gain, try yoga, walking, reading and mentally calming your mind to ease tension. After a long day it is easy to rush to a bag of potato chips or crackers, but research shows that cortisol (a hormone your body produces during times of stress) is directed related to belly fat. So before you get stressed and anxious, think about what benefits out weight the cost and go on a run instead!
- Eat Whole Grains and Natural Ingredients: This might seem like a no-brainer, but watching what you eat on a daily basis is extremely vital to cutting back carbs and modified un-natural ingredients found in everthing from energy drinks, bread to pasta. Try selecting whole grained instead of refined grains, like white bread or white rice.
- Drink Water: Water helps detoxify your body, naturally. This is important regardless of working out. However, when working out make sure to drink up to 64 ounces a day in water, that is roughly 8 glasses!
- Exercise with Interval Training: Running on a treadmill is a great way to tone your belly, however switching up your exercise to include running in sprints or power walking in spurts throughout the day can lead to quick effective weight loss.
- Cardio: Like interval training, cardio 3-4 times a week for about 30 minutes can improve your overall energy levels. From Aeorbics to the elyptical these sessions are perfect to help reach your goal. Keep track of your times and make sure to wear proper workout attire, like running shoes with support.
- Reduce Calorie Consumption: When first starting to work out, slowly reduce calorie consumption. Do not cut all your favorite food cold turkey, this can cause you to change your routine to quickly and desire that food more. Therefore, eat smaller portion sizes and slowly sway away from the usual treats. Instead, keep a food diary and try to consume around 2000-2200 calories per day and 1-2 lbs. per week.
- Eat Good Fats: Yes not all fat is bad! Try avocados, soybeans, nuts and even dark chocolate over cookies, crackers, ice cream and so forth.
- Keep Track of Your Weight: Monitor your weight gain and try to weigh yourself every day to see your progress.
- Buddy System: Try losing belly fat with a friend! Pairing up can be motivational and encouraging.
Try these steps daily to LOVE your stomach and see results!