How to make delicious PINK chocolate chip cookies to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
Whether you are cooking for a friend who has gone through a hardship with breast cancer, support the cause at your communities local fundraiser or attending an event or marathon for the cure – baking these cookies will win everyone’s hearts.
1) Start with butter softened 30 seconds on HALF power in the microwave. Beat the butter only until it’s smooth. It should still be stiff, but not too soft. In our tests, we used a hand mixer so we didn’t over-beat the butter.
2) Add the red food coloring gel to the butter, using a toothpick to add a dab at a time to the butter, mixing after each addition, until you get the pink you want. We did not have good color success with regular liquid food coloring. Red gel food color worked best.
3) Add the dry cookie mix (do not add an egg or other ingredients called for on the cookie mix package), and then add the powdered sugar. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter only until dough is crumbly and incorporated. It will not be smooth.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5) Drop the cookies by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
6) Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will be golden at the edges, and soft but not squishy in the center.
7) Cool cookies on the cookie sheet for 1 – 2 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe from Betty Crocker.com