Who doesn’t love the sticky warm taste of wontons filled with crab, beef or even veggies? Wait a second…APPLES, you say? Yes!
We have Apple Wontons that are almost as scrumptious as your Aunt’s apple pie recipe, but won’t be overwhelming on your hard earned diet for Fall. Better yet? Eat 2 or 3 and they are light enough to skim past your waiste line!
- 2 apples- preferably McIntosh, Granny or type of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Up to 24 sheets of Wonton Paper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinammon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples.
- Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray.
- Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Place wontons on individual plates and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cooking method is an excerpt from Food.com