Spring is right around the corner, 17 days to be exact- this means jeans are about to turn into shorts, sweaters into tanks, and swimsuits aren’t far behind. Lucky for us, Spring also means a whole new crop of fresh produce will begin popping up at farmers markets and grocery stores across the country, making healthy, bikini-friendly choices easier, and more satisfying.
Three of our most favorite ingredients to cook with in the spring are strawberries, spinach and beets. These fruits and veggies are at their peak in March-May, which means the strawberries are extra juicy, spinach is extra green, and beets are super fresh. It’s just an added bonus that these three ingredients are some of the best food choices when aiming for weight loss, de-bloating, and detoxifying.
Since Spring is all about eating light and healthy, we asked our friend Whitney, genius behind the decadently delicious Little Leopard Book, to share seven of her favorite healthy, gluten free recipes utilizing delicious spring produce. With everything from healthy snacks to breakfast and appetizers to side dishes, these recipes will get you excited to get cooking and hop into a bikini this Spring!
- Strawberry Peach Guacamole – kick up your next Taco Tuesday with this light and fresh guacamole recipe.
- Beet Hummus – roasting beets in balsamic vinegar gives a slight sweetness to this super flavorful and gorgeous dip! Serve with veggies for a healthy and gluten-free snack.
- Greek Crockpot Breakfast Egg Casserole – this recipe is filled with veggies and will make breakfast a breeze. Toss it in the crockpot the night before and a healthy breakfast will await you in the morning!
- Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread – this gluten free twist on classic banana bread gets a sweet burst of berry deliciousness with fresh spring strawberries.
- Caramelized Beet & Feta Cheese Salad – roast up some beets, then toss them with fresh tomatoes and feta cheese for a light salad that’s perfect for lunch or as a side dish with dinner.
- Spinach Pesto – in 5 minutes or less, you can whip up this vitamin-packed, healthy pesto recipe to toss with pasta, top your pizza, or add to your morning eggs.
- Gluten Free Spring Vegetable Stuffing – a delicious side for any spring dinner and perfect for Easter Sunday.
Find these recipes and so many more at LittleLeopardBook.com!