You know that feeling when a dessert comes along that’s so easy to make, yet decadent enough to deceive your taste buds into thinking it’s much more elaborate than it really is? Enter the 3 ingredient chocolate mousse.
Not only is this dessert low-maintenance enough for weekday dinners, but it’s the perfect dessert to serve to guests. Allergy friendly, it’s dairy free, gluten free, paleo, and just plain delish. And if someone doesn’t like chocolate…well then why did you invite them to your party anyways?!
1 Can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
7 oz. of Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips (or Chocolate Bar of your Choice)
1 TBSP of Vanilla Extract (or Almond, Peppermint, Etc.)
OPTIONAL: Garnish of your choice
1. Add coconut milk to saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming (do not boil).
2. Once steaming, remove from heat and stir in your chosen extract.
3. Add chocolate chips (if using a chocolate bar, chop up into small pieces first) without stirring, and allow chocolate to sit in the mixture untouched until softened (about 5 minutes).
5. Gently stir until smooth.
6. Pour into 4 small serving glasses and chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
Top with chocolate shavings, nuts, coconut, whipped cream, or berries to garnish before serving.